Board of Directors
William Everett Mealman
- W. Everett Mealman is Chairman Emeritus of the PBI-Gordon Companies Board of Directors.
Sometimes called “The Fifth Founder” of PBI-Gordon, Mr. Mealman’s career with the Company spans seven decades. He first joined the organization as an employee in 1951, was appointed to the Board in 1965 and became majority shareholder in 1977. He served as Chairman from 1984-2020. Having built a legacy of integrity and excellence in every aspect of the business, Mr. Mealman’s name is synonymous with PBI-Gordon.
Donald A. Chew
- Donald A. Chew was named Executive Chairman in 2020. Previously, he served as President and CEO of PBI-Gordon from 2012-2020. He first joined PBI-Gordon as Chief Financial Officer in 1991 and later became President of Pegasus Laboratories. Mr. Chew played a key role in the formation of the ESOP and the ESOP’s ultimate 100 percent employee-ownership. A Certified Public Accountant and alumnus of Kansas State University, Mr. Chew serves on the Executive Board of CropLife America.
Richard B. Chalker, Jr.
- Richard B. Chalker joined the PBI-Gordon Board of Directors in 1994. A graduate of Yale University and DePaul University School of Law, Mr. Chalker served as Vice President of the Tax Division of Hallmark Cards, Inc. until his retirement in 2004. He also serves as Director of QC Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: QCCO) and GuildMaster, Inc.
- Stephen M. Clifford joined the PBI-Gordon Board of Directors in 2015, following his retirement from Ernst & Young after a 33-year career, including serving as managing partner of the Kansas City E&Y office for 16 years. In 2018, he became Chief Operating Officer of PBI-Gordon, and on November 1, 2020 Mr. Clifford assumed the role of President & CEO. He is a graduate of Texas Christian University.
David M. Cote
- With extensive experience in the pest management industry, David M. Cote joined the PBI-Gordon Board of Directors in 2014, following his retirement from Crompton Corporation (now Chemtura Corporation). A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Cote held various leadership and international positions with Chevron Chemical’s Ortho Consumer Division.
Suzanne M. Horner
- Suzanne Horner has served as Director since 1985. A graduate of Kansas State Teachers College at Emporia, Ms. Horner is a former elementary school teacher in the Shawnee Mission School District. Ms. Horner is the daughter of company co-founder and former PBI-Gordon chairman and president, Robert. M. Mueller.
Thomas A. McCullough
- Thomas A. McCullough was appointed to the PBI-Gordon Board of Directors in 2010. He served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of DST Systems, Chairman of Boston Financial Data Services and President and CEO of Garnac Grain Company. Mr. McCullough is a graduate or Rockhurst University and has a master’s degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Glenn E. Mealman
- Glenn E. Mealman has served as Director since 1984. He retired from Fleming Companies, Inc., a publicly traded wholesale food distributor, where he was Executive Vice President of National Accounts for Fleming Companies in 1996. A graduate of Emporia State University and Harvard Business Management School, he also serves as a consultant with the food industry.
- Denny Scott joined the PBI-Gordon Board in 2020. He is chief financial officer for Burns & McDonnell, Inc., a Kansas City-based engineering firm that is 100 percent employee-owned. He also serves on the company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Scott is a graduate of Northwest Missouri State University and earned his master’s degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Advisor, Pet-Ag, Inc.
- James Rogula is an advisor focused on Pet-Ag, Inc., a subsidiary of PBI-Gordon Companies. Mr. Rogula served as President of the Personal Care Division of Church & Dwight, and led the successful launches of Arm & Hammer branded products. He was also Executive Vice President for The Scott’s Miracle Grow Company, managing the North American business. A graduate of Knox College, he earned his MBA at New York University.
- Julia Stephanus is founder and president of Avviare, a consulting practice focused on veterinary biopharmaceuticals. She previously served as Chief Commercial Officer of Aratana, as founder and CEO of Summit VetPharm (now CEVA), and as head of global companion animal marketing for Pfizer (now Zoetis). Ms. Stephanus joined the PBI-Gordon Board as an advisor in 2020.