FeRROMEC is designed to promote quick green-up in turf and ornamentals. Iron
and additional micronutrient chlorosis can be a major cause for concern even
if adequate NPK fertilizers have been applied. FeRROMEC is iron in an available
form which insures plant production of chlorophyll, which, in turn, causes the
rapid shift to the dark green, healthy color most desired.
Conditions which promote yellowing or chlorosis:
- Soil low in available iron.
- Sandy soils and soil which
are low in organic matter.
- Alkaline soils - pH 7.1 or above.
- Excess soil
acidity - pH 5.0 or below.
- High calcium carbonate (lime) levels in the
- Extensive earth moving - when the top 6 to 12” of topsoil have
- Low soil temperatures (especially after dormancy).
- Moisture extremes.
- Soil compaction.
- An imbalance of heavy metals - copper,
zinc and manganese - in
plants or turf can prevent iron uptake.
High phosphate levels in soil. All of these actual or potential problems can be solved by applying FeRROMEC Liquid Iron three to five times a year starting in the early spring. FeRROMEC may be soil applied or sprayed directly on the foliage for quicker leaf absorption or both.